How to set up Google Authenticator and link it to Backoffice?
Google Authenticator is an app on your telephone or tablet computer that generates security codes. The codes are updated every 30 seconds, and can be used to strengthen security on your account. When authorising a withdrawal, you will be asked to input the code from Google Authenticator.
1. Download the Google Authenticator app onto your mobile device from Google Play or AppStore.
2. Log in to Backoffice.
3. On the menu, go to Profile and Security.
4. You will see a notification highlighted in orange that says, 'Google authenticator must be verified for your profile, before you can use this feature'. Click here to activate this feature. Click on the words Click here and you will be provided with our QR code (that you can scan) and our setup key.
5. Once the QR code and setup key are displayed on the screen, open your Google Authenticator app, tap on the + icon. You will be given an option to either scan our QR code or enter our setup key.
6. Scan the QR code or enter the setup key displayed in Backoffice. FXChoice will be added to your Google Authenticator app.
7. Label it as FXChoice or any name to help you associate the codes with FXChoice.
8. Enter the six-digit numerical passcode from the Google Authenticator app into the box in Backoffice to complete the setup process.
9. Go back to the Security page in Backoffice to determine if you want to use Google Authenticator as Two-factor authentication or Withdrawal authorisation, then hit the Save button.